[lit-ideas] Re: "Stand By Denmark" Rally

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:30:34 -0800 (PST)

Eric,

In case you haven't noticed, plenty of bad things have
been done by Christians. I have lived through the
civil war in Yugoslavia, in which thousands of Muslims
were killed, but I still have Christian friends and so
on. I don't know what insulated world you lived in
before 9/11, but your subsequent reactions strike me
as self-righteous, childish, and arrogant. Pardon me
for not intending to relate to your recent posts
seriously.

O.K.

Imagine that Christian extremists hijack a jet and
crash it into the Kaaba in Mecca, and the Christian
co-religionists here refuse to help sort them out.

Ursula: But yes, given the turned table I posited, I
can see your scenario happening.

Eric: And if that happened, wouldn't the world be
justified in mistrusting Christians? It would show
that they tacitly supported the extremists and their
claim to represent a religion of peace was bogus.

http://mail.yahoo.com