[lit-ideas] Re: "Stand By Denmark" Rally

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:53:39 -0800 (PST)

Lawrence,

I don't have to do any explaining; my beliefs are my
personal matter in the end of the day, and fortunately
you are not my boss. The point was not about me, it
was about Islamism and that there are different kinds
of Islamism. (I did use myself as an example at one
point, which perhaps I ought to have avoided.) They
share some features in common but that does not mean
the differences are not important. Dogs and pigs are
both animals yet we make a distinction between them.
This is a fairly simple point and I posted the
websites to illustrate it. If you want to know more
about moderate or liberal Islamism (we didn't even get
into the more exotic kinds such as Islamic Marxism or
Islamic Anarchism), why not look at these websites ? I
wish that I had the time to read all this stuff and
then expound it to you, but I do have other
obligations.

Also, Lawrence, you might at some point consider
analyzing, and perhaps exposing, your own ideological
asumptions. Are you a neo-conservative ? If not, how
come that you sound so much like William Cristol of
Weekly Standard ? (Btw the currently prefered term is
"The LOng War") ?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/011/909rqgza.asp

http://mail.yahoo.com