[lit-ideas] Re: Schadenfreude

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:36:47 -0800

Carol wrote

"Full posting privileges"? What are they, Mike, and do I have them? Why doesn't JL, then?

Apparently some list members complained that JL was posting too often and that... (I'm not sure how to complete that sentence.) So far, none of the complainers has said anything in public, so we're left to guess what they actually said. In any event, the list managers put JL on some sort of review: JL could post, but his posts would not appear until one of the list managers approved them. For awhile JL's posts were delayed (which caused confusion among those who tried to reply to his replies, etc.), but for some time no posts from him have appeared at all.

I'm guessing that because JL's posts weren't to appear until they'd
been reviewed, that no one is reviewing them: Andreas and Teemu have both said that they were busy with other things in a way that suggests (to me) that neither reads every post.

It's past time to reinstate JL, and I hope that this will be done quickly.

Robert Paul