[lit-ideas] Re: Schadenfreude

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:20:25 +0000 (GMT)

We all have full posting privileges except JL, who was, more than a year ago,
put on a limit of 4 posts a day (for sending too many posts to the List).  List
members who have not posted on this are said to have told Andreas they would
leave the list if JL were not stopped.  (Not surprising you'd forgotten, Carol;
I'd forgotten exactly what happened till I searched the archives just now.)

Problems posed by the moderators' action/s include an uncertainty for JL as to
whether a post of his will in fact reach the list (that is, some of his that
were not in violation of the 4 per day limit seem never to have reached it,
though I can't be sure, as certain other list posts have not reached me, I
think because of a Yahoo glitch).  And some that did reach the list were (I am
fairly sure) delayed for some while.

Problems for all of us include the inequity inherent in JL's having a limit,
where the rest of us have none.

A puzzle is why people who thought JL posted too often could not have used a
filter, as Lawrence suggested (as a solution for any such people) at the time.

I may have more to say but need to stop writing now

Judy Evans. Cardiff, UK