[lit-ideas] Re: Schadenfreude

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:34:44 +0000 (GMT)

Welcome back to the list JL. Just a quick note so you can catch up on the main
events since you were last with us. A smoking guy called Obama was elected
President. Credit has been crunched. You missed my birthday (it's not too late
to send something). Some of my posts have been ignored, like when I rewrote a
Bob Dylan song, I forget why. There's been discussion of various 'ting'. Rab
Burns had an anniversary and Darwin and his Origin had another. Slum Dog won at
the Oscars. Something bad happened in the Middle East. They found Saddam. You
missed another of my birthdays. Hitler was reported dead. Elvis was reported
alive. Mike Geary is back. It's like you and he never went away. The Eagles had
a hit singing "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave." My
long-term memory has dipped and only the recent stuff really matters anyway, so
basta.

Donal
Heavily self-medicated
Must sleep