[lit-ideas] Re: On the prospect of World Peace

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:04:25 -0500

LH:

In case any pacifists are treating this discussion train seriously, they should understand that Fukuyama and Barnett both advocate processes that would result in world peace.<<

OK, I'm serious now. I admit I've never taken you seriously before, but now I'm serious. World peace is serious stuff.

I asked a question that thus far no pacifist has answered. If (a conditional word) world peace can be achieved by means of the spread of Liberal-Democracy, shouldn't it be favored by pacifists even if it means a few wars here and there to prevent Liberal-Democracy from losing ground <<

Destroy the village to save it? Sure, why not? In fact, we have enough nuclear weapons to de-populate all of Asia and Russia -- it makes damn good sense to go ahead right now and de-populate all the non-Liberal-Democracies plus Mexico and Venezuela and maybe France to prevent Liberal-Democracy from losing ground. A great point, Lawrence. I can see that I should have been more serious about this all along.

Pacifists like to tote up the dead. Surely there would be fewer dead with a few wars to keep Liberal-Democracy on the expansive straight and narrow than if all wars regardless of their merit were to be resisted willy nilly -- given the fact that Pacifists merely impede and obfuscate.<<

Kill the pacifists!  Willy nilly bastards!  Impeders!  Obfuscators!

They [pacificists] never succeed in actually stopping wars. In fact their efforts seem to encourage such people as Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein and Ahmadinejad. They hear about all that opposition to the administration's policies, and they think they don't need to take the Bush administration seriously.<<

And boy oh boy, did Bush ever show them a thing or two! Let that be a lesson to all you pacifists: Bush is serious.
I don't think you take your own argument seriously enough, Lawrence. We need to kill everybody not like us so that we can live in peace. So stop talking and start killing. For God's sake, man, there are people out there who want to kill us.

Mike Geary
NO MORE PEACE. PEACE NEVER AGAIN.