[lit-ideas] Re: Feeling Safe isn't safe

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 17:04:17 -0700

I want to thank Phil for taking the trouble to address the farrago of distortions, half-truths, and non-sequitors in Barone's 'argument,' calmly and effectively. I have just one quibble with what he wrote, viz. 'In the first argument, Barone convincingly shows that those who qualify for concealed weapons permits are responsible gun owners.' This may be the ideal, but there's no evidence that it is everywhere the reality, nor is there any evidence that no one who has qualified for a concealed weapons permit has ever done any unjustified harm with the weapon so obtained.

Robert Paul
Mutton College,
where even the sheep are armed