[lit-ideas] Re: "Bleach smells like bleach"

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:20:25 EST

In a message dated 2/7/2005 11:53:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pas@xxxxxxxx writes:
"Bleach  smells like bleach"

I think  you are going way too deep on this one JL -- but that's what makes
this  all fun, right?

From

_http://www1.villagevoice.com/nyclife/0502,musto,59943,15.html_
(http://www1.villagevoice.com/nyclife/0502,musto,59943,15.html)

"I'll support the film scene by saying the year's best paralysis movie,
Million Dollar Baby, is directed with a lyricism that transcends the  script's
cornball conceits. (You barely notice two-dollar lines like "Girlie,  tough
ain't
enough" and "Bleach smells like bleach.")."

I think 'barely' is an overstatement?

Cheers,

JL