[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Hyphenation

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:27:29 +0200

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 14:56 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Lars,
>
> I did not get any other reply to my question about the source code of
> the program that produces the hyphenation tables.

Some googling lead me to an openoffice wiki page where they list
dictionaries and hyphenation tables. There is a link to a tool named
hyphen [1] (which seems to be part of the hunspell project). There is
also a (pdf) paper by LÁSZLÓ NÉMETH [2] that explains the algorithm. I
tried to run it through pdftotxt but the tables and tables and figures
need some serious hand-editing to make them readable.

Let me know if this is the paper you are talking about and if you would
like me to do this hand-editing.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=143754&package_id=231949
[2]
http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=143754&filename=tb87nemeth.pdf&a=69728794

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired