[liblouis-liblouisxml] Hyphenation

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:43:47 -0500

In view of the recent messages from Michael and Christian I think that a
new liblouis tool is called for. It would be named lou_checkhyphens and
would be used for testing the performance of hyphenation tables and the
lou_hyphenate function.

In case you are wondering why liblouis contains a hyphenation function,
it was originally introduced to handle languages like German which have
many compound words. I'm still hoping to use it to produce a really good
German Grade 2 table.

My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com/godtouches
Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com