[LRflex] Re: Simplicity

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:27:46 -0500

telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The simplicity of the SL and SL2 also appeal to me (along with the beauty
> of the incomparable Leicaflex viewfinders) so they remain my
> carry-everywhere cameras=2E  What I like about my digital camera (R8/DMR i=
> my case) is the image quality particularly compared with film at high ISO,=
>
> auto white balance, the extremely low cost of the dud photos, the instant
> feedback, and the quick transfer to the computer, which is how I print my
> photos whether film-origin or digital=2E
>
> What I dislike most about the Leicaflexes - actually the ONLY thing I
> dislike about the Leicaflexes - is high-ISO films=2E  What I dislike most
> about digital cameras is the support hardware: chargers, batteries, backup=

Doug,
   I agree.  I would place the digital state of the art of digital
photography where electronic flash was when the available
units could either function well or work on the internal batteries,
but not at the same time.
   They will get there as the hardware improves.
Look at the first electronic flash.  You could have acceptable recycle
times, or run on the internal batteries, or enough light, pick any two.
   I'm not a luddite, (I made my first digital audio recording in 1987,
and haven't looked back), but I like machinery that isn't fussy
or trailing wall warts.
   Doug, which PX-625 solution did you end up with?
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein