[LRflex] Re: Simplicity

  • From: "telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:49:35 -0500

Philippe Amard <phamard@numericable=2Efr> wrote:

> David and Doug are using their R8s + DMR where
> the viewfinder remains the same - not every camera
> company offers this fantastic feature; this is a
> downside for most of their Dameras but as many offer
> autofocus, clarity of the finder is not such an issue
> any longer=2E

IMHO viewfinder clarity is still an issue because AF isn't 100% reliable=2E=
=20
Many bird photographers with AF cameras focus manually for birds in flight=

for a number of reasons:

keeping the AF sensor on the bird is difficult
AF focussing on the near wingtip instead of the bird's eye
AF getting confused when the bird flies past a changing background
AF refuses to operate when the lens aperture is small

so I prefer to keep focussing simple and manual

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www=2Ewildlightphoto=2Ecom