[LRflex] Re: Query: Leica R 2x Viewfinder - Any Good?

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:15:18 -0400

On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:39 PM, William Abbott <bill2301@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The built in VF was then all I needed for the sharpest pictures I have ever
> made.

Excellent thoughts Bill and I wouldn't mind seeing what one of the resulting
images looked like, but I am having trouble visualizing how the arrangement
you're describing would assist me on a copystand. Now that I think about it my
tripod doesn't have a removable center post so I 'can't get there from here'.
Bleah. It is a stout, all metal, circa 1960s tripod suitable for 4x5 AND can
put an slr viewfinder squarely at the eye level of this 6 footer without me
having to stoop or bend at all with no wiggle or wobble involved. Which is an
ability worth it's weight in gold for someone with a bad back. :-)

RW------