[LRflex] Re: Query: Leica R 2x Viewfinder - Any Good?

  • From: George Lottermoser <imagist3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:23:26 -0500

On Apr 18, 2013, at 8:07 PM, Richard Ward wrote:

> I am thinking a vertical (enlarger like) copystand beats the shoot the wall
> option for my circumstances.

quite so.
especially if you can manage a drop bed base
on the copy holder end.
or
have your distances well engineered
to prevent your having to be up and down out of the chair
and/or bent over anyway.

If all of your copying is close to the same focus range
then a horizontal arrangement with a short horizontal track
could work well to keep you in the chair and at eye level.

What is the size range of the work you're copying?

I have the perfect little cast iron rail car
with a rack and pinion tongue and groove plate
that would make the perfect desk top horizontal set up.
That's the only reason I've held on to it for 35 year ;~)
waiting to ship it to you ;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@xxxxxxxxxxx