[LRflex] Re: Is it worth repairing the R3?

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 23:20:21 +0200

Hi Aram,
The view in the R3 and R4 are completely different, sorry Aram.
I own both and when I want a lighter, larger and sharper view I take the
R3 as the controls are fewer and the view is less blocked than in the
R4, which, in spite of its much better electronics, is a real disaster
in terms of ergonomics as you have to move the camera, and not the eye
to find the instrumentation panels, just as you must have so tiny
fingers to adjust the dial when you want to over/underexpose a picture -
I know you're going to hate me for stating these facts, but this is the
experience I have with these cameras. I can't speak of later Rs as I
don't have any. I hope you won't find me aggressive about this, this is
not my intent.

Maybe this is what our friend Kent meant in his post?

No hard feelings I hope.
Yours
Phileicangenieux.