[LRflex] Re: Is it worth repairing the R3?

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:45:35 +0200

Jerry wrote:
> Hmmm, makes me want to get an R3 to cohabit with my SL. Wouldn't the
> R3 make a
>
>>nice "automatic" companion to the SL?
>>
>>Jerry
>>

>Well Jerry, I remember being told exactly that in 1978, I was in Brazil at the
>time and I tried to order an SL from there "the R3 is out or about to, just
>wait; it's automatic ! "

You also gain central measurement, but you lose high speed 1/1000 vs 1/2000.

Others on the list must have had - or still have - both. They will give
you better advice from comparisoons as I have never had an SL (to this day).

Pay attention that the electronics are fine though, early circuitry was
not so reliable and difficult if not impossible to repair nowadays
Yours
Phileicangenieux.