[LRflex] Re: Is it worth repairing the R3?

  • From: Jerry VB <jevb+lrflex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:05:42 -0700

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 08:22:12PM +0100, Alex Hurst wrote:

> Anyway, this is a highly subjective subject. Some will have no
> problem with the R3's viewfinder, but my own view is that it isn't
> within a donkey's screech of its immediate predecessors, the SL and
> SL2.

"a donkey's screech"

Now that's pretty descriptive Alex, and something I can relate to. Some folks
across and down the alley from us have a donkey, and at times we can hear it
screeching. I'd say it's about 100 yards away. And surely that's further than
I could throw an R3. So, thanks Alex, now I understand the difference between
the R3's and the SL's viewfinders.

Jerry
(With tongue in cheek.)