[LRFlex] Re: Introduction

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:09:57 -0700

At Wednesday, you wrote:

Hello,

My name is Patrick Werner and I am an (extremely) amateur photographer. I live in Knoxville, TN and I enjoy photographing my adventures in The Great Smoky Mountains, state and local parks; and documenting my 2 year old's adventures. I use a recently inherited LEICA R4 that is in new condition. I have two lenses; 1:2.8/60 and a 1:3.4/180. I found this group at David Young's direction after I stumbled across his website. I hope to have pictures up on a website shortly.

Thank you,

Patrick Werner

Welcome Patrick!

Thanks for the short bio. Always nice to know who we're talking to! (IF you wish to read other intros, check the archives at:

<//www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/>//www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex<//www.freelists.org/archives/leicareflex/>/

And for those of you who have not yet introduced yourselves (there are more than a few of you!) use Patrick's note as a template and tell us a little about yourselves!

And you, Patrick, inheriting an R4 (nice camera) and two terrific lenses. You are, indeed, one lucky guy!

You might not know, but your 180/f3.4 APO was developed for the US military and was intended to remain top secret. However the contract they drew with Leitz Canada, who designed and built the beast, failed to preclude Leica selling a consumer version! Their mistake, our gain!

The 180/f3.4 APO has such high resolution at infinity that the initial press releases stated that resolution was "limited only by available film"!

Mind you, the 60 MACRO is not exactly a slouch either. You've got two very fine lenses. Consider yourself a lucky man!

Again, welcome to the group!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm