[LRFlex] Introduction

  • From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:03:06 -0400

Though I've been a member "over there at the other location" for a while, David
encouraged me to give a brief intro.  (He also very kindly subscribed me to the
list, since I had no success doing so myself!)

I barely qualify as a Leica reflex'er -- I own an SL2 and a couple 2-cam 50s,
the Summilux and Summicron, all of which were purchased secondhand last year.
The SL2 is recently back from long-overdue maintenance at DAG, and now that
spring is really finally here I'm looking forward to using it!  I love various
types of photography -- family, travel, architectural, macro, for example --
and look forward to doing a lot of it with the Leica gear (a few more lenses
would be most useful).  Currently I use a wide variety of older manual focus
35mm SLR equipment from several other makers (the usual suspects) as well as
some of the new rangefinder stuff from Konica and Voigtlander/Cosina.  I use
several medium format cameras as well.  No digital.

This is a nice group -- no "attitude" and genuine helpfulness.  I hope to
contribute in that same spirit, and, if I get my act together to get a scanner,
I'll send in some pictures as well.

Nick Merritt
Hartford, Connecticut USA

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.