[LRflex] Re: Introduction

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:41:10 -0500

David Simms wrote:
Hi, fellow Leicaphiles;
My name's Dave. I'm a retired physics teacher who has used Leicas since 1967 when I bought my first Leica, a 3F with the 50mm Elmar f3.5, from a place in New York for $38.

Dave,
   Welcome.  We share first Leicas, except mine came with a Summitar,
and I got it 5 years after yours, for $145, with a case, at
Olden.  You got a great deal.
   After the EMP wipes out all the bits, I hope we can still get
film and paper. :-)
   4/3 is easy, it means half frame 35, cropped to 8x10 proportions.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein