[LRFlex] Re: Introduction

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:45:16 -0700

Hi Nick!

Though I've been a member "over there at the other location" for a while, David encouraged me to give a brief intro. (He also very kindly subscribed me to the list, since I had no success doing so myself!)

Glad you made it!

I barely qualify as a Leica reflex'er -- I own an SL2 and a couple 2-cam 50s,

I love my old SL, and am told by many that the SL2 is the finest machine Leitz/Leica ever made! I've never even seen one! The only guy I know who has one, is an chap in Ireland. He's arriving tomorrow for the Spring Shoot, but sadly he's not bringing his SL2. :)

This is a nice group -- no "attitude" and genuine helpfulness. I hope to contribute in that same spirit, and, if I get my act together to get a scanner, I'll send in some pictures as well.

Thanks for the kind words... and I agree. It's a good group! I look forward to the day you can post some photos.