[klaatumail] Re: New Dee Long solo rarities

  • From: "Dwayne Bunney" <earthshadows@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:43:58 +1000

Interesting thoughts. But here's the thing.

When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, my dad was really into The Beach
Boys. Simply because of the fact that my dad loved them, I've avoided them
for the last 20 years. But, recently I've delved into their music and
discovered how important they were in the history of music, and what a
genius Brian Wilson was musically. Their production may be of the 60's, but
the music itself remains relevant and equally impressive to this day. That
is what I mean when I refer to the timelessness of a band.

I believe commercial music blinds the minds of the majority of music
listeners to musical quality. I've found that if you want to hear good
quality music, you have to go and look for it. Turning on the radio simply
isn't enough. But that is what most people do, and so the rubbish that pours
out of commercial radio influences the listener into thinking that because
it's on the radio, it must be good. Wrong. And these are the people who
ridicule music that isn't current.

Listen to a pop song of the of the same period next to a Klaatu song, and
you can easily tell how superior they are compared to the commercial pop of
the time.

2 cents worth.

Dwayne