[klaatumail] Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Fw: How Big is Walmart?

  • From: Jaimie Vernon <bullseyecanada@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:12:48 -0400

Not sure about in the US, but in Canada Wal*Mart is powerful enough to wipe out
entire small towns by having highways and intersections rezoned to bypass what
were once flourishing economic centres. The Wal*Mart near my mother's house was
initially denied a zoning permit because the parcel of land they wanted to
occupy didn't have adequate access for cars to enter and exit near a major
highway intersection. Wal*Mart paid for a $30 million reconstruction of the
highway on and off-ramps to accommodate a bridge that would deliver cars
directly off the highway and INTO their parking lot....thereby destroying
traffic flow into the stores and plazas that occupied the area now located
UNDER the bridge.

Jaimie Vernon,
Contribute funds to my completed 3rd solo album!
http://www.kapipal.com/jaimievernon

Author, Canadian Pop Music Encyclopedia
http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Pop_Encyclopedia/
http://www.bullseyesongs.com/encyclopedia.html