[jhb] Re: Farmstrip Assignments

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:18 +0100 (BST)

> *From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
I can remember pythagoras theorum and the sine rule and cosine rule and
how to calculate the angles in a triangle knowing only the lengths of the
sides, and quadratic equations and....
Because my maths teacher used to make me recite them whilest twiddling a
pair of compasses on my head. It has left me permanently mentally
scarred^h^h^h^h^h^h able to do maths.

My daughter is starting a new school on Monday because we were unhappy
with her present one.  We went to visit it yesterday and they told me
that they have this lovely pond in a field surrounded by cows and sheep
etc. etc.  They can't go pond dipping with the kids because there are
great crested newts there, so you have to have a member of staff trained
in great crested newts.  The training course takes 4 days and the school
can't afford the staff time or money.

At one of my client's premises, you can't pick your nose until you've
completed the training.

Down the road, the High school kids pull the legs off the unfortunate
newts in their pond.  The school won't check if they are great crested or
simply 3-legged, because of the hoo-haa it would cause. Major civil
engineering projects I have been involved in have cost millions more
because they can't work during the newt season, whenever that is. What is
so precious about these creatures? An avenue of beautiful mature plane
trees at Chester hospital which have TPOs on them are being felled for a
new housing estate. Who protected them?

You can now be fined £100 if you feed the pigeons in Chester forum.  You
get hauled before the magistrates for throwing a sausage at someone. (I'd
have just smacked 'im round the ear'ole, but I'd have probably been
stabbed for my effort)

It's Alice in Wonderland stuff, it really is!

Peter
You've set me off again...........