[jhb] Re: Farmstrip Assignments

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 07:40:37 +0100

Last night I was describing, to my daughter, the approach adopted by the Christian Brothers, who were responsible for the Grammar School phase of my education. She's a teacher, shortly to start a job at a catholic boys' school in New Zealand. I'm not sure that she believed my descriptions of being hit on the head by flying blackboard wipers, or having the desk lid lifted and crashed back on my head, if I was fiddling inside instead of paying attention. My attempt at an Eccles impersonation with "but it hasn't affected me", fell on stony ground!

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:

Anyone who flies into Gerry's farm strips and doesn't know the short field approach speed for the aircraft they are flying deserves a whack on the
head.
But Sir <thwack> the short field numbers for the Tiger <thwack> Ow, Sir -
aren't publicaly available on the <thwack> web, 'cos I've looked. I'd
have to <thwack> Ow - buy a vintage handling notes book for £7.00 and I'm
<thwack> Ow - too blinkin' mean.

<Sob>

!