[jhb] Re: Farmstrip Assignments

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:32:56 EDT

In a message dated 11/08/2007 11:22:18 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

The only  action you can take to improve your chances of spotting the
markers is,  when lined up, to increase your Zoom setting. This is easier
in FS9,  because you can adjust the Eyepoint, if zooming takes the
markers out of  sight.

There is no way of increasing the visibillity, during the design  stage,
other than to make them bigger.

OK Gerry I'll play with the Zoom.

Incidentally, IVAO seemed to accept my use of X1HA for the destination, but
the Eye didn't seem to recognise it, after landing it reported me on the
ground  but at a distance from the nearest field. On the way back to EGTK it
knew I
was  bound for Oxford, and reported me arrived and then later on the blocks.

I didn't bother with ATC, I tuned to Unicom, and did see some text  messages.
I did use the TCAS, spotted another VFR flyer, who came across so that  we
were in eyeball range, but then he went happily on his way.

Its good to be in MP using FSX, providing of course you have enough oomph  in
your hardware.

Frank T.