RE: Replacing Norton With Another Program

  • From: "K Anderson" <kanderson8888@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:34:19 -0500

Wow that seems almost too easy.  Do I understand you to say that I should
install/set up the program and forget about it?  That is unless I am
notified of a threat and/or have reason to be concerned?

I do have the program configured for automatic updates, and believe I
understand how to do a manual scan, but can't tell if and/or when it
automatically scans for threats.  That is definitely unlike Norton!  I don't
know about others, but my Jaws 7 and XP machine could not function properly
when Norton did its thing.  I hated what happened to Jaws (extreme
sluggishness and poor performance).  I would leave the computer until Norton
had finished whatever it was doing.  I've been using NOD 32 for a bit over a
week now and have never once been interrupted.  Actually that's what
concerned me that I didn't have things set up properly.  Can I really expect
NOD 32 is protecting me without Jaws experiencing the slightest of hiccups?
If so that would be incredible and would definitely motivate me to purchase
the program.

I am not sure that I am using Jaws properly with NOD 32, but have figured
out a few things.  I'd appreciate any helpful tips you might have to use
Jaws more efficiently, but here's what I've figured out.  In the NOD 32
Control Panel, arrowing through/opening items in the treeview is not an
issue.  However, I couldn't read anything about or do anything with these
items.  If I use Control/Tab I'm then in a dialogue and can move through it
in the typical fashion.  I can also use the Jaws Cursor to access multiple
tabs on the dialogue box.  To go back to the main menu of the Control Panel,
I have to escape and go back through the Programs Menu to start all over.
Are there easier/more efficient methods for accessing the Control Panel in
NOD 32?

Lastly I'd like to ask about the settings in NOD 32 to ensure that I have
things configured properly.  Again it may be that I'm not using Jaws well
enough to read everything, but I don't find any information to advise me
about these settings.  Okay, so here's the deal.  I click on NOD 32 via the
Desktop or Programs Menu.  I use the Jaws Cursor to find the Tabs.  Using
the Left Mouse Button or by routing Jaws to PC, I click on the desired Tab.
I can manipulate the multiple page dialogue box in the typical fashion.
When selecting the Setup Tab, I notice that scanning Email is not selected.
This is confusing as there is a note stating otherwise at the bottom of my
Email messages.  Are these two totally unrelated features?  I'd be very
interested in your advice about what should or shouldn't be checked in these
settings.  I tried to leave the default settings, but with all of my
experimenting things could have been accidentally changed.

Katrina