[iyonix-support] Re: Widescreen LCD's & MDF

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:45:27 +0200

In message <Marcel-1.53-0926141742-345pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue 26 Sep, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> In message <Marcel-1.53-0926131919-d07pErr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > I've not heard of a 19" LCD that would do 1200 verticaly for years!
>> > Iiyama did a 1600x1200 19", but all 19" LCDs I've come across since have
>> > been 1280x1024 with prices of about half or less of Iiyama's.
>> > most 1600x1200 LCDs are 20.0" or 20.1"
>> >

>> My 17 inch Iiyama AS4311U does 1600 x 1200 although the sticker says
>> max res 1280 x 1024
>
> I've heard of Projectors accepting higher resolutions than its physical LCD
> but it is rare for Monitors.
>
> Looking at an 2001 LCD range summary sheet Iiyama sent me I can confirm that
> they list it as Maximum resolution 1280x1024 if you are sending it 1600x1200
> it must be droping about every fifth row and column!
> Some people find that awfull others acceptable!

Well, I didn't say I liked it, only that it is possible...

Since having Geminus and 2 additional 17 inch LCD screens, editing in
a 3840 x 1024 desktop using Techwriter for my documents and Artworks
for diagrams and illustrations in the document is a treat and still
leaves enough desktopspace for browsing, e-mail or directly exporting
drawfiles from TW into an OHP-presentation, building up presentations
in step with the progression in the document.
I can now use my Iyonix (and my time) much more productive.

Nowadays I very very rarely need 1600 x 1200

Cheers

Ike Busser
Busser & Busser facility management
Kruidenlaan 112