[iyonix-support] Re: Widescreen LCD's & MDF

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:18:12 +0100

In article <f95e666c4e.John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Chetwynd <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote, in part:
> I suppose you could use two flat screens tilted through 90 degrees
> (with geminus software) so you would have a 'virtual' 2560 x 2048
> desktop (2x 1280 x 1024 displays)

That's what I do, with Geminus.  It isn't perfect, but it is a very
useful set-up, especially with rotatable displays.  I can quickly switch
to 2048 x 1280 if I wish (excellent for editing and displaying web pages
side-by-side, for example), though I more often work at 2560 x 1024.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!