[iyonix-support] Re: Widescreen LCD's & MDF

  • From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:24:17 +0100

In message of 25 Sep, davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quoting JAB <john.albert@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hello,
> > I'm looking at purchasing a widescreen LCD for my Iyonix (possibly an
> > Iiyama Pro Lite E1900WS which I can get for £155) which will do 1440
> > x 900 @ 75 Hz.
>
> Just to make sure you've thought completely about what you're going to
> buy...
>
> This is a good example of something that achieves wide screen at least
> partly by reducing the height.  Copare with 1280 * 1024.  If you often
> want to read A4 pages, you might consider how much of a page you wish
> to see without having to scroll.

He could always put the screen on its side and use one of the Geminus
packages to see a full A4 page.   (I am guessing that this could be made
to work; perhaps enquiries need to be made of
http://buyit.spellings.net/ )

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim@xxxxxxxxx
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/