[iyonix-support] Re: Widescreen LCD's & MDF

  • From: Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:46:21 +0100

In message <4e6c5d1cd2lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> A friend of mine has a Dell 17" laptop, which has a native resolution of
> about 1980x1440 or something silly. Now, that would make an ideal display
> for an Iyonix. Why can't desktop LCD monitors go this high?

Cost?

I am no expert but I believe that the manufacturing costs for LCD
monitors increase sharply with the number of pixels. It is also a
question of the threshold percentage of bad pixels set by the
manufacturer as acceptable in the product.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/