[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:32:59 +0100
On 15 Jun 2007, Roger Darlington wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2007, Chris Evans wrote:

>> AIUI !OmniClient is just a front end, it uses LanMan as it's transport.
>> LanMan is reportedly slower than LanMan98
>>
>> What results did you get connecting the Iyonix directly to the NSLU2 (i.e.
>> taking the PAE CE64 out of the route)?
>
> Slightly different!
> eklink 0 100 half/full still copies fast, but craps out 'connection
> lost' after about 10 seconds when 22-35MB has been transferred.
>
> eklink 0 10 half - this now doesn't say ''timed out resolving' but
> transfers fast until after about 2 mins and 80MB has been transferred
> when it craps out again - but instead saying 'timed out whilst
> receiving' - which is a new error message for me.

aha - I think I have now just proved that it isn't the Router, but
could be the NSLU2 box that is causing the problems.

Remember that with the Router feeding the NSLU2 box, 'connections
lost' seem to be the norm if it ever gets to transfer any data at all.
Even the PC thro' Router thru' NSLU2 to HDD box wasn't entirely immune
to errors, albeit occurring only about 1/50 th as often as with the
Iyonix.

well, with the NSLU2 box totally out of the equation, with the HDD
attached to the PC via USB connection, and the PC connected to the
Router which in turn is connected to the Iyonix, transfers are
happenimg now without error, so far.... so methinks it is the NSLU2
box.

Does anyone disagree?

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb.net/
If you don't know where you're going, you'll end up somewhere else.