[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Chris <smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:41:25 +0100

In article <0b23e0f34e.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looking at this more in-depth I found that I had set the link speed
> on my Iyonix to 100 full, on returning this to Auto and rebooting
> I now have transfer times that are noticably quicker and faster
> than the PC ie 51MB to 24 secs to the nslu2 and 21 secs to the
> Iyonix also transfers to my PC are now around the same speed.

Yes, these results are similar to mine.

A 277 MB file is transferred from Iyonix to NSLU2 at approx. 2.2 MB/s
(megabyte), the transfer of the same 277 MB file from NSLU2 to Iyonix
runs faster at 3.6 MB/s. Both these measurements were made with the
filer dbox at its default 'slower' mode, and using LanMan98 in
standalone mode. The LAN is nominally 100 Mb/s, and all ethernet
settings are at default auto. The usb drives are formatted ext3.

It seems there is something not right with Roger's setup.

Chris...

--
Chris Johnson