[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 23:19:51 +0100

In message <4672E548.3010306@xxxxxxxxxx>
          John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> for what its worth, I have had best luck with nslu2 when it has
> formatted the hdd itself.. from what I remember it put down an ext3
> format .. linux and ntfs (unless recently greatly improved) never seemed
> that reliable.
>

> JB

[snip]
Mine is formatted Ext3 and the transfers are error free to the nslu2
as they are to my pc (ntfs) the transfer rates are also similar to
either and are near to yours Roger 31KB/sec to the storage, 386KB/sec
to the iyonix.

So there would seem to be a problem with your network with regards to
the dropouts etc, which I dont suffer.

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK