[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:40:16 +0100

In message <4d55c97b4e36ead3f34e.rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> Well perhaps my understanding is wrong.
>> I transfered a 5893839 byte  file
>> the iyonix to nslu2 = 180 secs,nslu2 to iyonix 9 secs
>> the same file using my pc
>> from pc to nslu2 = 4 secs from nslu2 to pc 2 secs
>>
>> a larger test using a 51Mb file
>> Iyonix   to nslu2 1650 secs
>
> that is 30kB/s, which is as fast as mine, when it is working, but 100
> times slower than mine when mine is working fast, but it can then only
> transfer between 22MB to 35MB before getting a 'connection lost'.
>

>> PC       to nslu2  35 secs
>> nslu2    to iyonix 135 secs
>> nslu2    to PC     45 secs
>>
>> what would others calculate the rates to be ?
>
> Abysmally slow, just like mine :-(
> Join my club?

Looking at this more in-depth I found that I had set the link speed on
my Iyonix to 100 full, on returning this to Auto and rebooting I now
have transfer times that are noticably quicker and faster than the PC
ie 51MB to 24 secs to the nslu2 and 21 secs to the Iyonix also
transfers to my PC are now around the same speed.

Presumably this could have been caused by my router and Iyonix not
mutually agreeing a connection speed etc as I had fixed the Iyonix
link settings.

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK