[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:04:42 +0100

In message <Pine.LNX.4.64.0706160946210.8681@ybpnyubfg>
          Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Chris wrote:
>
> [...]
>> As I stated in the other thread in c.s.a.network, my setup with
>> NLSU2, Iyonix, A9, PC, PC laptop all works fine. The Iyonix manages
>> over 20 Mb/s on a 100 Mb/s network. My NLSU2 has slightly older
>> firmware, and the two usb drives are formatted ext3. I have never had
>> any problems using LanMan98 for Iyo/NLSU transfers.
>

> I have got a NSLU2 myself and followed this discussion for quite a
> while.
>
> But I can't recall having read about the LMTransport option, which is
> set to IP on my Iyonix, with the effect that all is running as fast
> as it cat on my 100 MB/s network.
>
> Rainer
Well perhaps my understanding is wrong.
I transfered a 5893839 byte  file
the iyonix to nslu2 = 180 secs,nslu2 to iyonix 9 secs
the same file using my pc
from pc to nslu2 = 4 secs from nslu2 to pc 2 secs

a larger test using a 51Mb file
Iyonix   to nslu2 1650 secs
PC       to nslu2  35 secs
nslu2    to iyonix 135 secs
nslu2    to PC     45 secs

what would others calculate the rates to be ?

John

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK

Hemel Hempstead RISC OS User Group email info@xxxxxxxxx