[iyonix-support] Re: Abyssmally slow ethernet

  • From: Roger Darlington <rogerarm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:26:37 +0100
On 16 Jun 2007, Chris Evans wrote:
> On Sat 16 Jun, Roger Darlington wrote:
>>
>> On 16 Jun 2007, John Sandford wrote:
>
>> > a larger test using a 51Mb file
>> > Iyonix   to nslu2 1650 secs
>>
>> that is 30kB/s, which is as fast as mine, when it is working, but 100
>> times slower than mine when mine is working fast, but it can then only
>> transfer between 22MB to 35MB before getting a 'connection lost'.
>>

>> > PC       to nslu2  35 secs
>> > nslu2    to iyonix 135 secs
>> > nslu2    to PC     45 secs
>> >
>> > what would others calculate the rates to be ?
>>
>> Abysmally slow, just like mine :-(
>> Join my club?
>
> We did have a USB hard drive that was abysmally slow on an Iyonix with USB2
> and much faster on USB 1. Something must have been wrong with USB 2
> transfers. I wonder if something similair is happening.
>
> Have you tried using FTP?

No, I'm afraid you will have to give me a clue as to what to put in
'Host:' and 'Path:' of FTPc, as I have tried all combinations based on

hdd_1_1_1 ,   /Hdd_1_1_1,   hdd_1_1_1/$,   $/hdd_1_1_1,  etc
and 10.,0.0.3, but everything results in 'connection failed;..
I don't know whether this is because it isn't working, or more likely,
because I've put the wrong entries into FTPc.

--

Cheers
Roger

Bury Walkers      http://burywalkers.members.beeb.net/
Atomic Software   http://rogerdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Summer Winers     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Bury Hut          http://buryhut.members.beeb.net/
Wild Flowers      http://rdarlington.members.beeb.net/
Have you heard 'Dry Dry Dry' by Wet Wet Wet?