[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:00:09 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4F5C81E7.6030205@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Mine snipped]

> I'm sure you know this, but if saving the CMOS using a utility such
> as !SaveCMOS the only restore those settings on the same OS version.

Oh yes, which is why I just save from the !Boot Configure menu, so it is
saved inside that copy of !Boot, which as I mentioned before I label
appropriately (e.g. "Pre-518").

I have also spent many happy minutes re-entering configure commands in
the way you kindly reminded us when that has been necessary: when that
could happen, yes I do indeed spool the entire existing configs to a
file, though I can never recall the modern way so tend to do:

*spool filename
*status
*spool

...just as I started doing all those years ago (1987!) when I got my
first Archimedes. Wow, almost a quarter of a century ago!

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 3 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!