[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 14:52:04 GMT

In message <526a2db8ebtim@xxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> Oh dear I have had photofiler crash twice this morning. Could be a
> coincidence. More investigation needed...

Before flashing 5.18 I did *unplug and got the message
"No modules are unplugged". So I went ahead. No problems noticed
so far. I run photofiler at bootup, but no crashes. The only
crashes I have had have been while browsing (NetSurf, Oregano2)
and PopStar (2.06-ds) starts downloading something, but that has
been going on for a long while, even before I upgraded to 5.16,
and only irregularly. Not really an easily repeatable circumstance.
Pressing the RESET button does not always bring the machine
back up. I have to switch off, wait a moment, and then switch on
again. I put this down to the fact that my Iyonix never had any
hardware upgrade. Any comments from Andrew? Chris? about that?

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/