[iyonix-support] 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Support list <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, archive-online@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 11:48:14 +0000 (GMT)

First of all, please excuse what is going to be a long tale of woe!

Having just taken the plunge and re-flashed the new operating system (5.18)
on my Iyonix, I was first dismayed that on re-booting there was an error
message that ADFS was not found, and I was presented with a very basic
desktop with no hard-discs.
Pressing F12 & *fx0 told me that 5.18 was running ok.
Having realised that ADFS was 'unplugged' & *rmreinit'ed it all was
restored to normality on re-booting - with one exception: no Task Manager
icon in the right hand corner, and F12 has no effect, so it seems I have no
access to * commands.

Thinking that perhaps a further re-boot might restore things, I tried
again. This time there was a Task Manager icon, but in addition although
the mouse pointer moved the buttons had no effect on anything on the
desktop and there was still no action from F12. I then noticed the clock
was stationary in Organizer so hit Alt/Break and stopped "Unknown".
This at least allowed the mouse buttons to function, but I was still unable
to access * commands because trying to open a task window from the manager
had no effect. There seemed to still be something unwanted running, so
again I pressed Alt/Break and this time selecting "Stop" left it
highlighted without doing anything. I pressed Alt/Break again and this time
selecting "Cancel" also left that highlighted.

A further re-boot (where I am up to when writing this) and there is still
no Task Manager, F12 has no effect, and to get this far I had to 'Stop'
some 'Unknown' but at least most things seem to work!

I had better post this while I can, and hope that someone out there can
tell me what is going on, and how to restore normality. Please!

John

--
    ____