[iyonix-support] Re: 5.18 Upgrade problems

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 20:49:07 +0000 (GMT)

In article <526e5dec48mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Much snippage]

> Now I think I will leave this nice stable system alone!

Something I always do as soon as I am confident with a new
install/upgrade is to immediately save the CMOS RAM settings and then
take a safety copy of the whole of !Boot somewhere on the same drive
(plus safety copies elsewhere). I have several generations of these,
each in a folder called (for example) "Pre-518" and "518 Softload".

This makes it easier to restore to a known (working) state if a future
tweak goes wrong.

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 3 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!