RE: Routing?

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:24:35 -0400

Hi Moshood,
    I strongly recommend to configure both Domain Controller with a
single nic and assign a private IP address for them.
On the Stand-alone Server, I guessing that you have ISA installed on it?
In your message, it only mention Network Routing, so in the diagram I am
representing that as RRAS.  I recommend, if possible, ISA as your
Firewall solution, I leave the business decision up to you. :-)

Recommend Solution:
(hope this driagram comes out.... :^\ )

Inet --- (Pub. nic) Stand-Alone Srv/RRAS (Priv. nic) ------Switch or
Hub-----(Priv. nic) DC1

|--------(Priv. nic) DC2 (Exchange)

Note: RRAS/NAT is not considered a Firewall solution and you should
concider protecting your private resource with a Firewall Product.

    Definitely you should NOT have your Domain Controller and Exchange
2000 server configured with a Public IP.   I highly recommend to remove
the Public IP on your DC/Exchange Server as soon as you can to better
protect from attacks or viruses from the internet.