RE: Site Connectivity with ISA / VPN

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:24:25 -0700

It will do an adequate job if configured correctly.

Yes, you can do what you need with SBS200, and either have at the other
offices either W2K and ISA as a stand alone as a firewall VPN endpoint, or
another SOHO type firewall at the other offices as the VPN endpoint.

However, as Tom pointed out, SBS2000 is not an ideal solution for multiple
sites. It is a great solution for a SMB under 50 nodes that are not heavy
into databases or use OWA extensively.

OWA uses a lot of resources on top of Exchange.

If you really want/need SBS2000 to work in this client, you will need a
beefy server to handle the features you want.

My suggestion, use SBS2000 as the domain server (with beefy hardware) and
use another firewall product in front of it, like say a SonicWall SOHO3/25
or /50 and at the other offices use say a TELE3. That way you get your VPN
between the three and they are providing the front line defense, and SBS2000
will handle the rest.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You