RE: Routing

  • From: "Chris Bond" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:13:46 -0000

>I think I get the picture: two internal subnets and ISA is used as
router
> between them.

In effect yes! Used to join the two networks together and internet
routing

> Can all hosts on subnet2 not ping hosts on subnet1 or only some?

Just checked again subnet2 can only ping the ISA Server on subnet1.

> Are there any further subnets behind the ISA?

Nope only the ones listed

> Do all hosts in subnet2 have a route to subnet1, either by default
gateway > or specific route?

Subnet2 get a default gateway of ISA Server for its subnet 192.168.2.1
(not the real address but you get the picture)

> It seems to me it is a pure routing problem, not related to ISA.

Exactly my thoughts but I can't seem to fix the thing tried lots of
little bits.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond