ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAlist" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:56:17 +0100

ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to ISAserver.org last month:

Title: Supporting ISA Server 2000 Publishing of Exchange Server 2000/2003 with
SMTP Relays - Part 3: Creating a Simple Anonymous Inbound SMTP Relay and Links
to More Resources
Author: Thomas Shinder
definition and functions of an SMTP relay and how they?re used to protect
Exchange Servers protected by an ISA Server firewall. In part 2 we went into
more detail and described the features and functions of the various types of
SMTP relays used in production networks. Make sure to check out these articles
if you haven?t had a chance to do so yet. In this article you get the step by
steps to create a secure non-authenticating inbound SMTP relay.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1166

Title: Add an extra antivirus engine to ISA for free! - GFI releases GFI
DownloadSecurity Freeware
Author: GFI Software
a freeware version of GFI DownloadSecurity for ISA Server 6, its content
security product that handles the security risk of file downloads without
resorting to blocking them all at firewall level. The freeware version scans
HTTP and FTP downloads at the network perimeter using a single anti-virus
engine, and can be used as additional protection by companies who do not yet
perform virus scanning at firewall level.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1165

Title: Introducing the ISA Server 2000 Exchange Server 2000/2003 Deployment Kit
Author: Thomas Shinder
to all your questions regarding Exchange Server publishing and remote access to
Exchange Server services via ISA Server firewalls are found in the kit. Check
out this article for an intro to the kit and download links.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1164

Title: Supporting ISA Server 2000 Publishing of Exchange Server 2000/2003 with
SMTP Relays - Part 2: Types of SMTP Relays
Author: Thomas Shinder
what it does and why you want one. Head on over to
http://www.msexchange.org/articles/smtprelaypart1.html to read part 1 if you
haven?t had a chance to look at it yet. In this, part 2 of our three part
series on SMTP relays, we?ll go over the different types of SMTP relays you can
use to protect and enhance your Exchange Server. I?ll explain the different
types of SMTP relays you can use for both inbound and outbound access and the
advantages provided by each relay type.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1163

Title: Announcing Beta 2 of the ISA Server 2000 Exchange Server 2000/2003
Deployment Kit
Author: Thomas Shinder
enhancements to the ISA Server 2000 Exchange Server 2000/2003 Deployment Kit
beta 1 release. I?ve been able to incorporate a number of changes and additions
to the ISA Server 2000 Exchange Server 2000/2003 Deployment Kit documents based
on your suggestions. If you haven?t seen a change based on your suggestion made
yet, don?t worry. I?m still trying to catch up with your mail and will make the
changes ASAP. I appreciate the input you?ve sent to me a tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx
and hope to get even more.

Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1162

Title: Akonix Products Stop Instant Messaging in its Tracks
Author: Thomas Shinder
applications today, but in a business environment, it can also be one of the
most troublesome. In addition to wasting time and decreasing employee
productivity, the use of IM software can also put your organization in a
precarious legal position if your company is in an industry that falls under
certain regulations, such as HIPAA (health care industry), SEC Rules (financial
services industry) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (public company
accounting oversight). Check out this review to see how Akonix beats down the
dreaded Instant Messengers.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1161

Title: Network Engines and Authenex Unveil AOne Appliance
Author: Administrator
combines the Authenex Strong Authentication System and Microsoft ISA Server
with a high-performance integrated appliance to deliver a comprehensive suite
of two-factor network security applications.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1160

Title: Introducing the Beta 1 release of the ISA Server 2000 Exchange 2000/2003
Secure Remote Email Deployment Kit
Author: Thomas Shinder
Exchange Server? Do your remote users need to connect to the Exchange Server's
SMTP/POP3/IMAP4/NNTP services? How about secure remote connections to Outlook
Web Access? Are you ready to roll out RPC over HTTP connections? If you're
considering a secure remote access solution to your Exchange Server, then check
out this beta 1 version of the ISA Server 2000 Exchange Server 2000/2003
Deployment Kit. Everything you ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask is
included in this kit. Check it out!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1159

Title: ISA Server 2000 VPN Deployment Kit Feedback Contest
Author: Thomas Shinder
Server 2000 VPN Deployment kit, then we want to know what you think! Let us
know about your experiences with the kit and you'll win a copy of ISA Server
and Beyond and one hour of free consulting time. Check the link for details.
Thanks!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1158

Title: Designing DNS to Support Remote Outlook MAPI Client Access to Exchange
via Secure Exchange RPC Publishing
Author: Thomas Shinder
secure Exchange RPC Publishing. Secure RPC Publishing allows you to open
Outlook 2000/2002/2003 and have it work when connected to the local network or
when you're in a hotel room 3000 miles away. The rub is getting DNS to work
right to support this config. No problem! Check out the article and find out
how.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/pages/article.asp?id=1157

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © ISAserver.org 2003. All rights reserved.