RE: destination sets question

  • From: Morvan <mmuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:49:08 -0300

Hi Tom!

>At 19:44 06/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>http://www.ISAserver.org

>If you want to block the entire yahoo site, try *.yahoo.com and
>yahoo.com

OK, I do it like follow:
Destinations sets:
PATH=/group/superwaba/* )

Content Rules:
-------------
1. Name= DenyWholeYahoo, destinations=[(selected destination
sets)=deny-sites], action=deny, applies_to=any-request

This Content Rule deny the whole yahoo site, and the unique field where I
can put exceptions is
in the (applies_to) field, but it is only related to (client_sets) don't to
(destination sets).

If I create and allow rule pointed to
destination_set=(allowed_URLs_into_deny-sites) (see 2 above)
the deny rule (DenyWholeYahoo) have more priority, and match first!

>If you need to create an exception, instruct the Site and Content Rule
>that you need to create an exception. Make sure to create the
>Desitnation Set that represents the exception before you create the

So I didn't understand where I instruct the Site and Content Rule (ex.
DenyWholeYahoo - see 1 bove)  to create an exception pointing to an
destination set like (allowed_URLs_into_deny-sites) (see 2 above).

My intention is deny the whole yahoo for (any_request) but allow the URL
(http://br.groups.yahoo.com, PATH=/group/superwaba/*) into the yahoo site
for (any_request too). The client (client sets) who try to access is
indeferent for me.

Thanks in advance,
Morvan.