RE: destination sets question

  • From: Morvan <mmuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:10:32 -0300

Hi Thom!

I understand but I can't do it.
My police is allow all and deny somethings. What isn't explicit denied is
allowed, ok!
In Site and Content Rules I have one open_access ALLOW rule and a set of
DENY rules based
on destinations sets and/or content, to implement this policy.

If I create a rule like you say:
PATH=/group/superwaba/), action=deny

PATH=/group/superwaba/).
I can't do it, cause my users need access all sites on the web, that I
don't deny.
With such rule I will implement a restrictive policy "deny all and allow
especific destinations".
I can't determine all sites where my users need to go, my organization have
interest that they can
search solutions in the internet, so I can't use such restrictive police.

I need something in ISA in site and content rules:
destinations = selected destinations set (xxxx-sets) except (xxxx-sets),
but it isn't available. Site and content rules have only the option
destinations = all destinations except (xxxx-sets).

I can't belive that I can't resolve this problem with ISA, Im thinking a
lot about this question and can't see one way to do this with ISA.

Some form will be create a destination set and list the maximum number of
PATHs and subdomains to deny
into yahoo.com, and create a deny rule based on this destinations, i.e, all
domains and paths that differ from http://br.groups.yahoo.com,
PATH=/group/superwaba/. Such form is no efective and very bad, for don't
say impossible (How I will know all paths and subdomains into yahoo.com?).

Thanks,
Morvan.

http://www.ISAserver.org