ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 15:33:17 +0200

ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to ISAserver.org last month:

Title: Creating URL and Domain Deny Lists using ISA Server 2004 by Greg
Mulholland
Author: Thomas Shinder
2004 versions is its ability to block access to any specific Web URL or domain
or indeed a compiled list of such. In this article I'll show you how to block
these sites, and even maybe how to wrestle an alligator. Check it out!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004firewallblocklist.html

Title: ISA Server 2004 is Ignoring my Web Publishing Rule By Santhosh Sivarajan
Author: Thomas Shinder
ignoring my server publishing rule and it is always using the default rule".
This will happen especially if you are working on a complicated network where
the ISA firewall and the application servers are on different subnets. Check
out this article for an explanation why this happens and a solution.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004ignoreserverpub.html

Title: Configuring an Untrusted Wireless DMZ on the ISA Firewall - Part 2:
Installing and Configuring the ISA Firewall
Author: Thomas Shinder
wireless DMZ segment on the ISA firewall, we discussed the basic infrastructure
elements required to make the solution work. We then went into detail on how to
create a split DNS infrastructure to support the wireless DMZ segment. In this,
part 2 of the two part series, we’ll finish up by going over the ISA firewall
configuration details to complete the solution.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004wirelessdmzpart2.html

Title: Implementing Checkpoint NG R55 Firewall and Microsoft ISA 2004 Firewall
IPSec Site-to-Site VPN by Idan Plotnik
Author: Thomas Shinder
packet and application layer inspection firewall that is becoming increasingly
popular among the security experts and corporate firewall administrators.  They
understand Microsoft ISA 2004 is the best security solution for Microsoft
environments, and often for non-Microsoft environments. In this article I will
show you the process you need to accomplish to configure site-to-site VPN
between the ISA 2004 firewall and Checkpoint NG R55.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004sitetositecpv2.html

Title: Configuring an Untrusted Wireless DMZ on the ISA Firewall: Part 1:
Defining the Infrastructure and Setting Up the Split DNS
Author: Thomas Shinder
mailing list is how to configure DMZ segments on the ISA firewall. One of the
great improvements included with the new ISA firewall (ISA Server 2004) is its
enhanced support for multiple networks. You can configure an ISA firewall with
as many NICs as you like, and then use ISA firewall Firewall Policy to control
all traffic between any two Networks moving through the ISA firewall. In this,
part 1 of a two part series, we'll go over the details of the DMZ
infrastructure and how to configure a split DNS to provide enhanced support for
the solution.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/2004wirelessdmzpart1.html

Title: Allowing the ISA 2004 Firewall to use Windows Update Services by Steve
Moffat
Author: Thomas Shinder
firewall to use Windows Update Services.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004su1345.html

Title: Secure Remote Access to Outlook Web Access (OWA) Web Sites: Part 1:
Understanding SSL to SSL Bridging (Version 2.1)
Author: Thomas Shinder
is to provide unique level of protection for remote access connections to your
Exchanger Servers and services. In fact, if I were Bill Gates, I would require
the product group to rename the ISA firewall from Internet Security and
Acceleration Server to Firewall for Microsoft Exchange Server. That is how
significant the ISA firewall’s Exchange protection technologies are and how it
stands head and shoulders above virtually every firewall on the market when it
comes to security. In this article we'll dive into a key ISA firewall OWA
security technology -- SSL to SSL Bridging.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/2004owa2.html

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © ISAserver.org 2005. All rights reserved.