ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: ISAserver.org <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAlist" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:44:05 +0200

ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to ISAserver.org last month:

Title: Configuring an Inbound and Outbound SMTP Relay to Complement ISA 2004
Firewall Protection for Exchange Servers
Author: Thomas Shinder
SMTP relay can protect your Exchange Server by preventing untrusted SMTP
servers on the Internet from directly communicating with your Exchange server.
An SMTP relay doesn?t require a significant amount of system resources and you
can install the IIS SMTP service without incurring the resource or security
overhead you would have if you installed the IIS W3SVC (World Wide Web
service).In this article we'll go over some of the important details you need
to consider before rolling out an SMTP relay to complement your ISA 2004
firewall e-mail protection design.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/smtprelayinboundoutbound.html

Title: Front-end Back-end Exchange Server Trihomed DMZ Network Scenario
Author: Thomas Shinder
configure Microsoft Exchange Servers and the ISA Server 2004 firewall to
support the front-end Exchange Server on a trihomed DMZ segment and the
back-end Exchange Server on the Internal network. We've got a lot of ground to
cover, so get started now and you'll be done by the end of the week!
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004dmzfebe.html

Title: DNS Support for ISA Server 2004 Connected Branch Offices
Author: Thomas Shinder
most common reasons for connectivity issues between the ISA Server 2004 clients
at branch offices and hosts at the main office are DNS related issues. DNS name
resolution issues can prevent hosts on branch office networks from connecting
to resources on the main office network, and can also prevent access to
Internet-based resources. Name resolution issues can also interfere with main
office services access to resources on the branch office networks. This article
provides you with solutions to your DNS woes and takes the mystery out of the
Split DNS infrastructure.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004dnsbo.html

Title: Update on ISA Server 2004 Deployment Kits: Heads Up on SharePoint Portal
Server and Branch Offices
Author: Thomas Shinder
over the last few months. I?m happy to report that the ISA Server 2004 VPN and
ISA Server 2004/Exchange Deployment Kits have been finished. The ISA Server
2004 Branch Office Deployment Kit is in development now and we expect to have
those ready for you this month. The ISA Server 2000 Deployment Kits have been
enormously popular, so it would have been a crime not to update them!
There are a couple of things I?d like to ask everyone in the ISAServer.org
community about before we get to updating the Branch Office Kit and the
SharePoint Portal Server kit.

Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/2004updates.html

Title: ISA Server 2004 at TechEd in San Diego
Author: Thomas Shinder
the public, there is going to be a lot of ISA Server 2004 activity at the
upcoming TechEd conference in San Diego this month. In fact, I?ll be there too!
It would be great to meet up with ISAServer.org members at TechEd so that we
can share tips, tricks and secrets with each other.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/teched2004.html

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © ISAserver.org 2003. All rights reserved.