ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

  • From: "ISAserver.org" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:23:05 -0400

ISAserver.org - Monthly Article Update

Hi ISAlist,

New articles added to ISAserver.org last month:

Title: Publishing an OWA Site in a Back to Back ISA Firewall Configuration
(Part 1)
Author: Thomas Shinder
site in the world using the HTTP protocol by connecting to the Exchange
Server’s Outlook Web Access (OWA) Web site. Exchange Server 2003 takes OWA to
the next level. The Exchange Server 2003 OWA site provides much greater
functionality than available with the Exchange 5.5 or Exchange 2000 OWA site,
and provides a user experience that is very close to what you get with the full
Outlook MAPI client.
Link:
http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/Publishing-OWA-Site-Back-to-Back-ISA-Firewall-Part1.html

Title: Product Review: HP ProLiant DL320
Author: Thomas Shinder
The HP ProLiant DL320 is built on HP’s reliable and high performance DL320 G3
hardware. This sturdy ISA-based hardware firewall is targeted at the
experienced ISA firewall administrator who wants a pre-built and pre-hardened
ISA firewall delivered to the door, ready to plug in and deploy. The HP DL320
gives you a clean ISA firewall experience by focusing on hardware performance
optimization and leaving you the option to install add-in software as you like,
something you can’t do with all the ISA hardware firewalls on the market today.
In addition, HP throws in a few app and network layer enhancements that are
sure to improve your overall network security posture.
Link:
http://www.ISAserver.org/articles/HP-ProLiant-DL320-ISA-Hardware-Firewall.html

Title: Redirecting OWA Users to the Correct Directories and Protocols (Part 2)
Author: Thomas Shinder
right site and protocol discussed the issues involved with creating redirects
for users who enter incorrect URLs or incorrect protocols when accessing the
OWA Web site. We also went over the initial configuration steps you can use to
perform the redirects. In this, part 2 and final part of the series, we’ll go
over the configuration steps from beginning to end and explain the rationale
behind the steps. By the time you finish the procedure, users will be able to
enter incorrect paths and incorrect protocols and still be redirected to the
correct OWA Web site. The end result is fewer Help Desk calls.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/Redirecting-OWA-Users-Part2.html

Title: Troubleshooting IPSec Tunnel Mode Scenarios
Author: Clint Denham
to site IPSec tunnel-mode VPN scenario.
Link:
http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/Troubleshooting-IPSec-Tunnel-Mode-Scenarios.html

Title: Redirecting OWA Users to the Correct Directories and Protocols (Part 1)
v.1.1
Author: Thomas Shinder
lists is for information on how to help hapless uses who can’t remember to
enter the correct path or protocol to reach the Exchange Server’s OWA site.
While it might seem like a simple issue to enter the path
https://owa.domain.com/exchange into the Web browser Address bar and press
ENTER, long experience tells us that this isn’t the case.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/Redirecting-OWA-Users-Part1.html

Title: How to Record URL and User Information in ISA 2004 Firewall Logs and
Reports
Author: Thomas Shinder
and mailing list is how to get user and URL information in the ISA firewall’s
logs and reports. The ISA firewall creates reports using ISA log summaries. The
log summaries are derived from the ISA firewall’s Web Proxy filter and Firewall
service logs. If you want to see user information and URLs (instead of IP
addresses) in the reports, you’ve got to get that information into the logs
first.
Link: http://www.ISAserver.org/tutorials/2004recorduserinfo.html

section to unsubscribe.
ISAserver.org is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Corp.
For sponsorship information, contact us at advertising@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright © ISAserver.org 2005. All rights reserved.